Discuss Acts 4 Page 6

• Bob Hilt - In Reply on Acts 4 - 4 years ago
    Trinity is not a Bible word, but Godhead is

Are the body, soul and spirit are the same thing

questions for a oneness or watchtower (Jehovah's witless) devotee

1 Thess 5:23 - And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (Paul says spirit and soul and body)

Isaiah 10:18 - And shall consume the glory of his forest, and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when a standardbearer fainteth. (Body and Soul different)

Matthew 10:28 - Jesus said: And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. ..........destroy both soul and body in hell.

Isaiah 26:9 - With my soul have I desired thee in the night; yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early: for when thy judgments are in the earth, the inhabitants of the world will learn righteousness. (Soul and Spirit are different)

Hebrews 4:12 - For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

.... dividing asunder of soul and spirit, (the word of God divides the soul and spirit)

so the Bible ALONE teaches man has a body and a soul and a spirit = 3 parts = 1 man

Genesis 1:26 - And God said, Let US make man in our image, after OUR likeness

Genesis 1:27 - So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 9:6 - Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of God made he man.

So IF one man is Body, Soul and Spirit which is 3 parts and God made man in HIS IMAGE

How many parts is God? 3? a Godhead? or trinity?
  • Bill on Acts 4 - 4 years ago
    What is the difference between Trinity and the Godhead
  • Anthony r johnson - In Reply on Ephesians 1 - 4 years ago
    Mari B.

I differ from you somewhat on your explanation of Acts 2:38. To my understanding you are receiving the Holy Spirit upon the new birth. The birth by water in John 3, is the fleshly birth.( uh oh my water just broke) and then born of the Spirit is the second birth. I believe verse 6 says that which is born of flesh is flesh and that which is born of the spirit is spirit. That is an explanation by Jesus on the new birth. I do believe that you have to be born again to enter the kingdom of Heaven. But also the water baptism is an outward expression of an inward change. Water baptism has nothing to do with salvation. No where in the gospels does it speak of any baptism that seals your salvation. The Word does say in Acts 4:12 There is salvation in no other, there is no other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved. Salvation is the gift of God and the shedding of Jesus blood for the remission of our sins. Christ and Christ alone.
  • Mike on Genesis 1:9 - 4 years ago
    Genesis 1:9 KJV(9) And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.

The Word of God spoken in truth causes people to either resist in their wrath what is being said with the "superfluity of naughtiness" or they "dry" up the waters of strife upon their hearts and humble themselves to the hearing of it. The meek shall inherit the earth as God called the "dry" Earth

The "waters" of people under the Heaven are the unbelievers of His Word as they gather together against it. They will rage/roar against it as the churning of the angry seas. While the "dry" heart will be swift to hear His Word and will be slow to speak and slow to wrath.

James 1:19-21 KJV

(19) Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

(20) For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

The "dry" is the meekness of the heart that has put away the waters of strife towards what they hear. The "dry" appears.

(21) Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.

The "sea" and all that is in them are the people who rage and are gathered together against His Christ as illustrated in Acts 4. He has made Heaven and earth and the sea and all that is in them:

Acts 4:24-27 KJV

(24) And when they heard that, they lifted up their voice to God with one accord, and said, Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is:

(25) Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?

(26) The kings of the earth stood up, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, and against his Christ.

(27) For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, were gathered together,
  • Bendito Palavra on Psalms 68:28 - 4 years ago
    According to Strong's Hebrew Lexicon, "Jah" is a shortened version of "Jehovah". The name "Jah" is rendered 48 times elsewhere in the King James version as "LORD". The name "Jesus" means "Jehovah is salvation".

1 Timothy 2:5-6 "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time."

Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved."
  • CARLOS RAMIREZ TREVINO - In Reply on Matthew 24:38 - 4 years ago
    Chris, there are really 3 words. Plan, Purpose and Foreknowledge. Although they are all closely related, let me start with a definition Foreknowledge, although you're probably already familiar with it. I think, and I have adopted the position of the Reformers, because it is the most appropriate. Foreknowledge, as used in the Bible, is more closely associated with 'Pre-Ordination'. Acts 2:23 says God delivered Christ up by the determined counsel and foreknowledge of God.

Some ascribe it to God's intuition or omniscience. But there are philosophical, theological and historical issues with it. What God knows will be a historical fact or event, He can't change. Why? Because if God knows something, He knows it to be fact. If God 'knows' Christ is going to die on the Cross and something, God Himself changes it, then He was mistaken. What we can say He knew is that Christ was going to be crucified, but He changed it to something else.

Instead, God tells us in Isa 44-48 that He can do things at that moment. So, God knows things about what is going to happen and He tells us about them, not because He is somehow intuitively aware of the Future, but because He planned it that way. That is how He wanted it to happen. Rom 8, Isa 46:10-13.

God doesn't just know beforehand what is going to happen, He makes it happen that way. When God said Esau would serve Jacob, He also said that's the way He intended it. That was His doing, not a natural consequence of events He just happened to be aware of beforehand. The argument is that limiting God to 'Foreknowledge' about the Future, limits Him. Why? Because He could only do what He knows He is going to do, not what He wants to do.

Acts 4:28, They did what your power and will had decided beforehand should happen.

That said, the fact that God is Omniscient cannot be denied or diminished. But to argue that 1,000 years is like a day, to support Omniscience, takes the verses out of context Ps 90:4. Reference is to speed of time.
  • Ann Hering - In Reply on John 19 - 4 years ago
    John Mark was related to the high priest. ( Acts 4:6) John Mark followed Jesus to the high priest's house and was allowed to go in with Jesus into the high priest's house. ( John 18:15) John Mark was wealthy and had a house in Jerusalem where the disciples met ( Acts 12:12) and where Jesus celebrated Passover and that is why John Mark sat at the head of the table next to Jesus. ( John 13:23) John Mark is given the responsibility to take care of Mary. ( John 19:27)

Remember James and John, the sons of Zebedee, are always mentioned together.
  • CARLOS RAMIREZ TREVINO - In Reply on Genesis 10 - 4 years ago
    Chris. Still on Page 3. You say that after the Fall "the Purpose of God in Creation was thwarted". I am certain you don't believe that. You just haven't examined the thought. What does the Bible say about God and His Purpose? It specifically says it cannot be thwarted. The Purpose of God will stand.

Isaiah 14:24, 26-27 - The LORD of Hosts has sworn: "Surely, as I have planned, so will it be; as I have purposed, so will it stand. This the plan devised for the whole earth, and this is the hand stretched out over all the nations. The LORD of Hosts has purposed, and who can thwart Him? His hand is outstretched, so who can turn it back?

Ephesians 1:4-5 - According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love.

Isaiah 46:9-11 - Remember what happened long ago, for I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. I distinguish the end from the beginning, and ancient times from what is still to come, saying: 'My purpose will be established, and I will accomplish all My good pleasure.' I summon a bird of prey from the east, a man for My purpose from a far-off land. Truly I have spoken, truly I will bring it to pass. I have planned it, I will surely do it.

Isaiah 48:3 - I foretold the former things long ago; they came out of My mouth and I proclaimed them.

Suddenly I acted, and they came to pass.

Acts 4:28 - They carried out what Your hand and purpose had decided beforehand would happen.

Daniel 4:35 - All the peoples of the earth are counted as nothing, and He does as He pleases with the army of heaven and the peoples of the earth. There is no one who can restrain His hand or say to Him, 'What have You done?'"

The confidence we have is that God is trustworthy. He is not fickle. If God says we will be eternally perfect, we will be. If God had created Adam and Eve perfect, they would have been. And neither they, nor the devil would have rebelled against God.
  • Bob Hilt - In Reply on Revelation 12 - 4 years ago
    Larry B Jesus was, is and always shall be God, who came in the flesh to redeem mankind from sin and death.

1 Timothy 3:16

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." King James Version (KJV)

God never changes. Malachi 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

Jesus never changes. Hebrews 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.

God is the only Saviour. "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour." Isaiah 43:11

To the only wise God our Saviour... Jude 1:12

God our Saviour. Titus 2:10

...we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour. I Timothy 4:10

God my Saviour. Luke 1:47

Jesus is the only Saviour. ...the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 1 John 4:14

...our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 3:18

...God and our Saviour Jesus Christ. II Peter 1:1

...the Christ, the Saviour of the world. John 4:42

...the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour. Titus 1:4

a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. Luke 2:11

Neither is there salvation in any other (than Jesus): for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

-- Acts 4:12

...salvation... is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

-- 2 Timothy 2:10
  • Leigh - In Reply on Ephesians 4:5 - 4 years ago
    Also ...

Matthew 16:15-19

15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

19 And I will give unto thee the keys...

No man (flesh and blood) revealed it, so what did Peter do, seeing he had the keys, when asked?

Acts 2:37-40

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

Well, he gave them the truth, as revealed to him.

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the Lord our God shall call.

Peter also thought all who can be baptised should, and told them the correct name to use, not just titles, the name.

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

All scripture, so we cannot discard a single thing, we must fit within ALL scripture, not make the scripture fit our way of thinking, that is why we have hundreds of denominations.

Peter was ignorant and unlearned by the way.

Acts 4:13

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were unlearned and ignorant men, they marvelled; and they took knowledge of them, that they had been with Jesus.

So I take knowledge of them also, the Lord cannot be the Author of confusion.
  • Mr Kevin Belgrove - In Reply on John 5:43 - 4 years ago
    Shalom Adam,

I don't know where you got your information from but it's not correct.

If you read a bible for yourself then you may start to gain some insight, knowledge and understanding?

The Bible is very clear about salvation being conditional upon using the correct names.

The KJV doesn't ever tell you "the Lords" name?

No his name is not "the Lord" nor is it "God"

If you bother to read a bible then you will see for yourself that we are commanded to call upon His name. "Yahuah"

As to Jerusalem it's also wrong.

It's Yerusalayim.

Once again;

Acts 4:10-12

10then know this, you and all the people of Israel: It is by the NAME of Yahusha

of Nazareth, whom you crucified but whom Yahuah raised from the dead, that this man stands before you healed.

11Yahusha is the stone you builders rejected,which has become the cornerstone.'

12Salvation is found in no one else, for there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given to mankind by which we must be saved."

The letter J was only invented 400 years ago making it impossible for the English name Jesus to be the Hebrew name of the Messiah.

Christian Bibles use the false name Jesus Christ.

Acts 4:10-12

11Yahusha is the stone you builders rejected,which has become the cornerstone.'

Christian Bibles use the false name Jesus Christ.

If you don't get it, that's ok.

Yahuah only wants those who call upon His name-Yahuah and His sons name Yahusha.
  • Kevin Belgrove on John 5:43 - 4 years ago
    Now hear the truth!

He came in his fathers name, literally!

His Fathers name is Yahuah.

And his name is like his fathers, Yahusha.

Yahu, meaning the Father.

Sha, means saves.

Put them together and Yahusha means Yahuah saves or Yahuah's Salvation.

Jesus means absolutely nothing!

Acts 4:10-12

11Yahusha is the stone you builders rejected,which has become the cornerstone.'

Christian Bibles use the false name Jesus Christ.

- [ ]
  • Cecil Gary - In Reply on Acts 5 - 4 years ago
    Acts 5:13 says "And of the rest durst no man join himself to them: but the people magnified them". The rest were afraid to join the group who held everything in common Acts 4:32 because of the death of Ananias and his wife. Notice the rest of Acts 5:13 says "but the people magnified the them" Apostles because they believed. So it is my understanding of Acts 5:13 is just because the rest were afraid to join themselves to the Apostles and the group of believers that had everything common, did not mean they did not believe. I hope this helps.
  • Vanessa on Acts 4 - 4 years ago
    the Word became flesh, He walked amongst us and taught us the Word, He still lives, the Word still goes on throughout the world, We believe in Him, if we understand what this means, The Word is powerful, it gives you hope and peace when we trust in Him and not the world
  • D W L on 1 Thessalonians 2 - 4 years ago
    John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. -- Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved. -- John 10:1 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber.
  • Joe - In Reply on Acts 4 - 4 years ago
    I understand the meaning to be 'the power of Jesus' so whether the word 'through' or 'by' is used does not change the meaning to me.
  • Mary Price on John 7 - 4 years ago
    Those who worship God... John 4:24 God revealed his name to Moses and said that his name would be a memorial to all generations. His name is Yahweh meaning I AM God Almighty His messianic name His sons name is Yahoshua meaning I AM Salvation Man has removed God's name from the scriptures over 7000 times. Yahoshua I AM Salvation Acts 4:12 Yahoshua to the Samaritan Woman John 4:22
  • Juniorjunior - In Reply on James 5 - 4 years ago
    Acts 2:38 John 3:3-5 Acts 2:38 Mathew 28:19 "Name" singular not Names plural plus Father son Holy Ghost are not names but titles. Acts 2:38 Mark 16:16 Acts 2:38 Luke 24:47 Acts 2:38 Mark 1:4 Mathew 3:11 Acts 2:28 Acts 4:12
  • Bonita R Kenney on Acts 4 - 4 years ago
    I have asked myself how do I increase in love and the power. So I am not lacking or diminishing in God's word. God's power does not work in you, if you don't work the word to get the love of Christ, and the power is in his word to manifest the power to work by believing and walking in faith. I have faith in the works because of the word of God.
  • Diamond M Crumpton-Scott - In Reply on Leviticus 26 - 5 years ago
    Salvation is for all who believe. You are doubting the finish work of The Most High. The bible states again and again the salvation is a free gift., Acts 4:12, Ephesians 2 8-10, John 3 16, and that He will never lose us or cast us out, John 6 37-39. Why do you ppl always doubt His power and love for us. He died for sinners so how can He hate them? He hates our sin and did away with it.
  • A brother and Bible believer on 1 Corinthians 16 - 5 years ago
    * Acts 4:12, not Acts 7:12
  • Rev. Richard Boyd on Daniel 12 - 5 years ago
    the blood is applied to you in baptisim Acts 4:12 without the sheading of blood there is no remission of sin Jesus was perfect why would he need baptisim, Jesus was our example and if JESUS was baptized then it should be good enoph for us also,
  • Richard Boyd on Acts 2 - 5 years ago
    Repentance and remission of sin shall be preached in his name among all nations begining at jeursalem, lk 24:47 was Gods plan spoke by Peter in Acts 2:38, acts 4:12, your not saved if you failed to follow what the apostles exhorted, If you care about where you will spend eterenty, acts 2:38 is the only way to remit sin
  • Barbara on Acts 4 - 5 years ago
    KJ version is only translation that uses the phrase Acts 4:30 By the Name of Jesus not through the Name of Jesus. This gives two different meanings to me. Am I missing something here or am I misunderstanding
  • BSP on Acts 4 - 5 years ago
    Verse 13~They were outspoken because they had the holy spirit which gave them the boldness to be fearlessly outspoken.
  • Lilian on Acts 4 - 5 years ago
    There are no other name given under the heaven its only Jesus Its only Jesus died on the cross and shed his blood for us so that you and me will be saved the stone has turn away and this is symbolises that Jesus resurrection and was raised from the dead thanks to your blood Lord Jesus my Jehova Shalom
  • BSP on Acts 4 - 6 years ago
    Verse 12- there is no salvation in anyone else but Jesus and their is no other true path to follow.
  • BSP on Acts 4 - 6 years ago
    Verse 3~Persecution arose soon after holy spirit was poured out. Satan uses his earthly agents to try and stop the progress of the true Christian congregation.
  • Freddieo on Acts 4 - 6 years ago
    I remember my baptism at 20 years old. It truly was an unforgettable experience. The p0wer of the holy ghost can truly have an immediate impact upon you. I like to compare it to hitting a home run. I pray that same power would continue with me forever, and the Love of Jesus and the power of the holy ghost. Peter, like me, started out good, he did deny Christ. This is the journey that is ahead.
  • SisMorgin on Acts 10 - 6 years ago
    Read Acts 4:10-12 and Acts 2:38
    In Matthew 28:19 we saw that we were to be baptized in the NAME of the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. Well, those are not names, those are titles. Verse 12 states that the only name by which we can be saved is the name of Jesus Christ.

Viewing page: 6 of 12

< Previous Discussion Page    Next Discussion Page >

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Do you have a Bible comment or question?

Please Sign In or Register to post comments...