Become a Christian
How to become a follower of Jesus Christ (Christian)
If you feel compelled to take your first step towards Jesus, you can do that right now wherever
1. Acknowledge the Problem: We have all sinned and that separates us
- "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;" Romans 3:23
- "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus
Christ our Lord." Romans 6:23
- "And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man. For from
within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications,
murders, Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye,
blasphemy, pride, foolishness; all these evil things come from within, and defile
the man." Mark 7:20-23
2. Discover the Solution: Jesus
- "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever
believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16
- "For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might
bring us to God." 1 Peter 3:18
- "Neither is there salvation in any other; for there is no other name under Heaven
given among men, whereby we must be saved." Acts 4:12
3. Respond: decide to follow Jesus
- "I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."
- "...because Christ also suffered for us, leaving us an example, that ye should follow his steps:"
1 Peter 2:21
- "...If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me."
1 Corinthians 11:1,
1 Corinthians 15:1-4.
What does it mean to follow Jesus?
- "...Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved..." Acts 16:31. More...
- "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." Romans 10:9. Related: Philippians 2:11
- "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:" Ephesians 2:8. Related: Hebrews 11:6, More...
"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17. More...
- "...Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the
name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the
Holy Ghost." Acts 2:38. Related: Luke 5:32. More...
- "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and cleanse us
from all unrighteousness."
1 John 1:9.
"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me."
Galatians 2:20. Related:
1 Corinthians 12:7. More...
- "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." John 15:10. Related: John 14:15-16, James 2:17-20. More...
- "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets."
Matthew 22:37-40. Related: 1 John 4:16, 1 Corinthians 13:1, More...
- Read more verses about becoming a Christian and salvation...
"Dear God, I believe in you and that your Son, Jesus Christ, is Lord. I believe He died for my sins and was resurrected. I repent and ask for forgiveness of my sins. I've decided to follow Jesus for all the days of my life. Thank you for your forgiveness and for the hope of eternal life. I ask this in the name of Jesus. Amen."
"These things have I written unto you that
believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and
that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God." 1 John 5:13
Recommended Growth Steps
Pray: you talk to God
Read your Bible: God talks to you
Join a community of believers; encourage and support other Christians
- "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;" Ephesians 6:18
- "I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting." 1 Timothy 2:8
- "Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you:" Matthew 7:7
- More Bible verses about prayer...
Share your faith in Christ with unbelievers
- "Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of
some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see
the day approaching." Hebrews 10:25
- "Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his
friend." Proverbs 27:17
- More Bible verses on assembling or going to church...
- "Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord..." 2 Timothy 1:8
- "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15
- More Bible verses on sharing your faith...
- "God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship
him in spirit and in truth." John 4:24
- "Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary:
praise him in the firmament of his power. Praise him for his mighty
acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness. Praise him with
the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp. Praise
him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments
and organs. Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the
high sounding cymbals. Let every thing that hath breath praise the
LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalms 150:1-6
- More Bible verses about worshipping God...
Strive to live a holy life
- "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of
the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:" Matthew 28:19
- More Bible verses about baptism...
- "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye
transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is
that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." Romans 12:2
- "For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith
without works is dead also." James 2:26
- "...go, and sin no more." John 8:11
- More Bible verses about living holy...
Take a Step of Faith
Did you make a decision today to follow Jesus Christ? If so, congratulations! We encourage you to share your decision with our online community as a prayer request so we can celebrate with you and pray for you. Consider sharing your story or testimony as well so that others may be uplifted. May God bless you in your journey!
Submit Your Prayer Request
Share Your Testimony